MrFalafel

Default Butternut Squash Help

lostcherree > wrote in message >...
> "XwomX" > wrote in
>
> > I once had a Butternut Bisque at a restaurant. It was rich and
> > creamy, topped off with a little drizzle of hazlenut oil.
> >
> > I don't have a recipe, but it was so good, someone is bound to?
> >

> > "lostcherree" > wrote in message
> >> I have a small jar of butternut squash puree... what could I go with
> >> it ??
> >>
> >> Heather

> > I was thinking about making a soup with it too, just what spices to add?

> Heather

Here's a recipe you may want to use as a guide:

Butternut Squash and Ginger Soup

1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp vegetable oil
7006 / 1 1/2 lbs butternut squash, peeled and chopped
2 tsp freshly grated ginger root juice
a pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 pints light vegetable stock

Sauté the onion and garlic in the oil for about 5 minutes, covered,
without browning. Add the butternut squash, ginger juice, nutmeg and a
little seasoning. Cover and continue to cook for a further 10 minutes,
stirring occasionally to prevent browning.

Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes or until
the squash is tender. Puree the soup in a blender or food processor.
Reheat to serve. Garnish with chopped chives, freshly grated nutmeg or
a swirl of soy cream if so inclined.