Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Will[_1_] Will[_1_] is offline

Default Sourdough migration

On Feb 21, 1:57 pm, Kenneth > wrote:

> Is that your way of asking that I send you some more
> ACME...?<G>

Kenneth,

You are a generous soul. And I would certainly appreciate another bit
of that Acme starter whenever it's convenient.

My logic last time around was faulty. I have always had good success
with starters on white wheat and "assumed" it would make the Acme even
better. In hindsight, that was risky. The better practice would have
been to keep a version on AP and "trial" a separate effort on the
wheat.

But you know how it is, to paraphrase Don Rumsfeld: there are the
known knowns, the known unknowns, and the unknown unknowns. He should
have fooled with starter. Sometimes you simply don't know what you
don't know <g>.

Will