Michael Balarama

Default Chiles Rellenos de Arroz Integral (Chiles Rellenos Stuffed with Brown Rice)

"MrFalafel" > wrote in message
om...
> ospam (Sue milham) wrote in message

> > Mmmm, you're making my mouth water with these spicy creations. It is

chile
> > season. Do you have a single source for these recipes? A book?
> >
> > The one suggestion I would make is to sweat the chiles in a paper bag

rather
> > than plastic, not as likely to melt or take on toxins from mixing heat

and
> > plastic. Brown paper works very well.
> >
> > Also, I'm thinking I'd substitute the ones with texturized protein with

tofu or
> > tempe, as I've been worried lately about the forms of soy, some overly
> > processed products may give too much disputed properties of soy. The

texture
> > may not be meatlike tho'.
> >
> > Thanks for your prolific recipe suggestions.
> >

> You make some very interesting suggestions! Personaly I don't have any
> problem with soy and feel you can find a research or a study to claim
> pretty much anything is good or bad for you. You can always change the
> texture of tofu by freezing and thawing. You can also use seitan.
>
> The mexican recipes come from 'A Taste of Mexico' by Kippy Nigh who
> runs a restaurant in Mexico. The recipes are all vegetarian but many
> contain dairy or eggs

I remember this one restaurant in Berkley on Telegraph ave had vegetarian
Chiles Rellenos 1970-very cheap-I think they are still in business--near
Shamballa books..
Michael

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...065503978/sr=1
-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-0868026-7956015?v=glance&s=books