Sue milham

Default Sticky Millet

I use 2 parts water to 1 for grains including millet. If you get the water
boiling first then sprinkle in the grain so the water keeps boiling, it can
keep the stickiness out. Turn it down to simmer after all the grain is added,
20 minutes for millet. You're probably using too much water.

(Gary K.) wrote:
<< My millet always sticks together. Is that the way it is or is there a way
to cook it so the grains stay separated. It's especially bad when I take
it from the refrigerater.
If I use less water, it doesn't get all cooked. I use 2.5 cups of water
to 1 cup millet. Cookes for 35 minutes.

-Gary>><BR><BR>

Sue M.