Hannah Gruen

Default Sticky Millet

I usually use a 2:1 ratio of water to millet. Bring to a boil and when
boiling vigorously, put a tight-fitting lid on the pan and turn down to a
low simmer, simmer till cooked - about 40 minutes or so - then remove lid,
stir, and allow to cook slowly until dry and fluffy. If I want it to be
sticky, I add more water.

Proportions and cooking time/ methods will depend on several factors,
including how fast your stovetop brings the mixture to a boil, how tight
your pan lid is, and the specific properties of the grain you are using, so
you may need to experiment a bit.

Refrigeration will make almost all cooked grains sticky, so I wouldn't
expect it to remain fluffy after refrigeration. Millet is always best
freshly cooked, IMO, but I don't throw away the leftovers. Millet is one of
my favorite grains, and supposedly has exceptional nutritional properties.

Hannah