Posted to alt.food.vegan
Hermit Hermit is offline

Default the soy debate!

Hey Figs,
I used to drink soy milk and eat lots of soy and I got fat. I thought
thats what Vegans ate.
That was 19yrs. ago and now I am a healthy raw vegan.
Have you tried Almond milk? It's just as good for you as soy and tastes
better I think.
Eat your soy in moderation and enjoy.
As far as meat look-a-likes, I try to stay away from them as most are
loaded with fat. Fat is added to add flavor(?)
I think they are good for teens and those who are having trouble
changing to an all veg. diet. In moderation of course. My hardest thing
was cheese.
When I am invited to a cookout I bring a few portabello mushrooms to
throw on the grill (kept seperate) and slap on some Vegan cheese.
Eddie