Graeme... in London

Default Does miso need refrigeration?

> > BTW, I think Mayonaise was good for 3 months without
> > refrigeration despite having egg in it.

> That can't be, unless you mean unopened jar. Mayonaise goes bad rather
> quickly if not refridgerated, causing salmonella.
>
> --
> Dan

Dan,

Mayonnaise will keep for a lot longer than 3 months unrefridgerated, even
opened. Its not the mayo that goes off, but normally a contaminated spoon or
knife that has scooped out the product. i.e. butter on knife, or spoon not
cleaned correctly. It's this cross contamination that kick starts the
chemical reaction. In the UK, mayonnaise is not sold refridgerated, but
stacked on shelves.

Saying that, I usually keep mine in the fridge once opened.

Graeme (too lazy to clean the damned knife)