Posted to alt.food.wine
Nils Gustaf Lindgren[_1_] Nils Gustaf Lindgren[_1_] is offline

Default Alsace, Pfalz, Loire, Brazil

> 2004 Francois Baur "Herrenweg" Riesling
> Bigger styled Riesling, some petrol, honey notes (though totally dry),
> citrus fruit with floral overnotes. Good acidity, lots of body,
> bracing. B+/B

Dale,
We have been regulars with Francois Baur for ten years (first time was in
1998), and we have seen them change into biodynamics ... also the changes
brought on by the warming ... your description tallies perfectly with how we
perceive their wines - mucho fruit and brawn, perhaps less elegance.

Madame Veronique confided in us that she missed the possibility of making a
less fruit driven wine, a few years ago. The warm summers give too much
sugar, to the point that we for the first time last spring tasted a Muscat
that was semi-sweet despite not being VT. The times they are (a-)changing,
are they not?

CHeers

Nils