Old 13-02-2008, 03:18 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default site for root beer recipes

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 05:22:55 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Alright, that's cool, my bad. So, would it not have been spam if I
had said it was my site? What would have been the appropriate would
to introduce my site to this forum?

It would still be spam because you are only advertising your web page.
You might have gotten a slightly better reception if you had told the
truth. But frankly, a good portion of the people here do not bother
to got to site that someone just drops in and says "here's a great new
site." They are usually full of advertisements and lousy recipes and
the main reason for being there is to collect "hits."

--
Susan N.