Posted to rec.food.equipment
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Slow cooker vs pressure cooker?

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> Pressure cooker, hands down. Why? Because I've only ever made two or
> three things worth eating in a slow cooker, and one of them is hot
> cider. I like what someone said about planning -- with a slow cooker
> you have to plan ahead. I don't like to plan ahead for much. And I'm
> not afraid of a pressure cooker as many are. JMOs.

Many people have heard stories of disasters with the old-style pressure
cookers. The new designs have a number of safety features built in. I
have a Fagor, and it's a breeze to use. I wouldn't touch my mother's
old Presto(?) with a bargepole......
The Lorna Sass book 'Pressure Perfect', is very useful for timings and
technique.