Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: dinner with the Williamses (Burg, Bdx, Rhne, Loire,Wachauetc)

On Feb 11, 12:27�am, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> Jean (who actually doesn't share my last name except in social circles)

Yeah, Betsy isn't Williams either, but I took a flyer.

> I haven't had much experience with older Chenin, and when I first
> smelled it I asked my companions if it was corked, to which these
> knowlegable Cheninophiles remarked that it wasn't corked, but just
> smelled close to it.

I always say CB gets more false TCA flags thrown on opening than any
other variety.

> If ever a wine should be damned with the faint praise of an
> "intellectual" wine, this is it.//Interesting, but not something that I'd go out of my way for.

Sounds like we're on same page!
> > 1978 Haut-Bailly

�A bit of a tough match with the cuisine, though.

It went quite well with a little of Betsy's shortribs

>�And next time, Andrew joins us (lets hope!). �Thanks again for
> making time to join us, Dale.

Would love to meet him! Thanks for invite.