Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Who's gonna believe this? Costco online service

Terry wrote on Sat, 09 Feb 2008 12:09:25 -0800:

??>> I want a new trash can - one of those silver metal
??>> thingies that you step on a petal to lift the lid. The
??>> "stepper" gave out on the one I bought at CostCo after who
??>> knows how many years ago - so hubby thinks it's cheaply
??>> made. He's looking at $90 replacements now because
??>> he thinks they will be better made. I have no idea what
??>> CostCo is charging for a new one these days, but it can't
??>> be that much. Hubby doesn't understand how many years
??>> that trash can lasted and the *only* thing that's wrong
??>> with it is the petal doesn't work anymore.

TPB> Looks like they have two. They're similar, but the
TPB> stainless steel one is $81.81 and the white one is $43.97,
TPB> but they're both 3.5 gal. Don't know what the difference
TPB> is other than looks, although the stainless steel one has
TPB> what looks to be a handle on the back of the lid. Go to
TPB> costco.com and look under the "office" category and then
TPB> under the sub-category of "Hardware & Janitorial."

Do these cans use liners? If so, where are they bought? I
don't like washing out trash cans every time I empty them.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not