Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Peanut, peanut butter, jelly !

In article >,
Goomba38 > wrote:

> Puester wrote:
>
> > I hadn't thought about the oil separating out as a reason for
> > refrigeration.
> > I always assumed that peanut and other nut butters wouldn't get rancid
> > as quickly if they were refrigerated.

OK, but that's my question - why would that be a problem with the blend
if it is not a problem with the individual ingredients? I don't
refrigerate any of them.

> > gloria p

> I've never refrigerated peanut butter. I've never had any go rancid.
> We don't eat as much now as we used to and yet it still doesn't go bad.
> Just our good luck? <shrug>

I don't refrigerate commercial stuff; I was curious about homemade.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com;pics of my no-knead bread posted