Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee
Gareth[_3_] Gareth[_3_] is offline

Default Nespresso - the ultimate coffee?

"diputs" > wrote in message ...
> I would like to share this method with you.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84uwCVYWaF8
>
> I'm using exactly the same model and do the same things. It works but
> takes time to practice.

It gets some bad reviews but actually it is interesting.

One problem with Nespresso is that it uses aluminum capsules that cannot be
recycled (unless you live in Switzerland and can take the used capsules back
to a Nespresso "boutique"). This is really shit. So in theory reusing the
capsules is a brilliant idea.

I would have thought that one problem with the reusable capsule model is
that the coffee isn't packed at the correct pressure so the water jet can't
pierce the foil correctly. I'm surprised though that the cream is so good -
must be something to do with the pump pressure. Does it work well?

Nestlé patented the Nespresso capsule design so that there aren't any
generic equivalents (more environmentally friendly) available. Again, this
is really shit. Other pod models have generic equivalents but Nespresso
doesn't.

In the UK Nestlé is subsidising the sale of Nespresso machines with money
back offers. It's almost a mass market phenomenon in the UK. The
environmental/recycling problem is going to catch Nestlé soon and that,
surely, can only be good for people who own the machine (why the hell do the
capsules need to be made from expensive and wasteful aluminum?)

But I'm not sure about the method you describe although it is interesting. I
don't know why the guy in the video is using his finger to put pressure on
the nozzle of the machine. I wouldn't be surprised if it could screw up the
machine.