Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Consumer Reports and miracles

I received an offer from Consumer Reports yesterday to try to
induce me to subscribe to "Consumer Reports on Health". I'm
always a bit suspicious about "miracle vitamins" (my quotes
since their miraculous nature seems to come and go) but one
maxim suggested from a "Professor of Nutrition" was as follows.

Avoid packaged foods with more than five ingredients and be sure
you get enough B vitamins.

The "five item" criterion is interesting and I am going to spend
a while doing my own survey of things that I buy.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not