Posted to alt.food.wine
Mike Miller Mike Miller is offline

Default Opening a Wine Store - any store owners out there to share the experience?

In article <51a70f9f-5050-4610-9d27-61d16f83d894
@z17g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, says...
> My dream is to open a wine store (wine only, not a generic liquor
> store) at some point in the future.
> I would like to know if there are store owners in the group who would
> like to share their experiences.
> Was it worth it opening the store? Is it still worth it? Pitfalls? How
> to get figure out the numbers for a business plan? Any information is
> helpful.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Andre

http://www.winefornewbies.com/

We had a wine shop open near by that has done well from what I can tell.

His outlook on the shop is to not carry wines that can be bought in the
local food stores, have wine that spans the price range of $10 to $279
and do in-store tastings of almost any wine he carries. There are some
expections to that of course.

We have a lot of fun there and have expanded our selection because of
the tastings. I have a hard time justifing spending $50 on a bottle of
wine when I don't know if I will like it. That's not a problem any more
as long as I go to this shop!

--
Mike