Dee Randall

Default "bread flour"

I don't know if this is true or not, but I've heard that bread flour has
added to it, citric acid (vitamin c) powder to make it bread flour.

I tried adding the teeniest pinch of citric acid to my all-purpose flour for
a pizza crust, instead of using bread flour which seems to make it a little
too bubbly for my tastes. The addition of the citric acid did change my
crust.

Big imagination?
Dee

"Joe Yudelson" > wrote in message
.. .
> Hi: Bread flower has a higher nitrogen content than all purpose. Bread
> flower dough must be kneaded in a bread machine or a mixer (like the

kitchen