Posted to alt.food.wine
Garry Owen Garry Owen is offline

Default New Total Wine in Sacramento, CA

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 09:03:39 -0500, gerald > wrote:

>I live in DC area, which is the birthplace of Total Beverage(herbie
>hanf and dart drug).
>
>any store that big has a few mistakes. very few now a days.
>
>most name brand wines(high end burgandy or boredeau) are the crummy
>vintage.
>
>most staff is new and does not know a lot about wine.
>
>prices are pure cost + 50%(std markup).
>
>almost all sales are on mystery wines.

I'm not a collector of wines nor am I one that quibbles over this
vintage or that. I do know that if I want a bottle or two of good
drinkable wine for a party or a special meal Total Beverage is the
place I go here in Northern Va. For me the next step up is COSTCO.
If I want a real special bottle I go to one of the better wine shops
in DC during my lunch hour.

What I really like Total Bev for is their selections of Stouts,
Porters, and heavy Ales. Since they sell it by the bottle many a time
I will walk out of there wit a box of 24 bottles, 2 bottles per brand.
The email address associated with this messages is a SPAM trap that
is automatically deleted before downloaded to my PC.