Posted to alt.food.wine
AxisOfBeagles[_2_] AxisOfBeagles[_2_] is offline

Default New Total Wine in Sacramento, CA

Went down to the grand opening of Total Wine, the big east coast wine
merchant that has now opened their first California store in Roseville
(right near the BevMo, actually).

First impression on walking in is - big, big inventory, and well
merchandised. After a few minutes of walking around, had to go back and
get a cart, because the next impression was - "there are some deals
here".

While many of the aisles are the same-old, same-old, some is definitely
harder to find, or at least harder to find at those prices.

We picked up a few things, here are some highlights ...

* 2005 Bordeaux - the store has more in stock than anyone outside of
K&L, that I know of.

* 2004 Calon-Segur for $29.99. R u kidding?! Can't find this for much
less than $40 anywhere else. Picked up 3 more to add to the inventory I
already have - which I got pre-arrival for about $37. Sheesh.

* 2004 Montebuena Rioja for only $8.99. This has been a well known
Spanish QPR for a while - but usually at $10 or $11.

* Torbreck Juveniles for $17.42

* A Monbazillac (375 ml) for only $7.99.

Lots of others.

Not as impressed with their large but unimpressive California
selections, although there are deals there too. But if you're in NOr
Cal and bargain hunting for some Euro wines, this place is a must see.