Old 24-01-2008, 09:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default St David's Day Food

Nancy2 wrote:

So we're looking for ideas for the food, friends will bring the
starters and puds + cheese so we have no control over these items.
However, we will be doing the BBQ'ing and rest of the main course.
I've looked for some Welsh recipes but obviously been looking in the
wrong places. Does anyone have any suggestions we could use.

TIA

Brian

Did the Welsh (as in miners) have pasties? You could make empanadas
as miniature pasties.

I thought Welsh pasties were a tradtional Welsh miner lunch. Alton Brown
did a show about them.