Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
DogMa DogMa is offline

Default ... Oolong!

Shen wrote:
> ... I'll have to taste the Bai Ji Guan ...
> To be honest, I've tried this tea from several vendors, over the last
> three years, and not found one to knock my socks off, considering it
> is touted as "rare".
> Can you tell us why you preferred this one?

More an absence of wrongs than a presence of rights. Everything good is
the fragrant, fruity/rich, fascinating a complex flavor that changes
constantly - or perhaps stays the same, but reveals dimensions as the
senses' attention moves around. What's missing is any hint of staleness,
off-flavors, astringency (even in late steeps), other distractions. A
solid canonical example of the type, IMO. And again, I rarely like
oolongs this green this much.

-DM