Posted to rec.food.equipment
Dee.Dee Dee.Dee is offline

Default slicing a bagel into 3 slices

"pltrgyst" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 10:29:27 -0500, "Dee.Dee" >
> wrote:
>
>>I'm wondering if there is any way to slice a bagel into 3 slices instead
>>of
>>buying an electric slicer or using a knife.

> Assuming you don't mean avoiding a knife altogether, take a look at eBay
> #310014800826.
>
> Alternatively, use any bagel slicer which accomodates *very* thick bagels.
> Add a
> spacer (can be anything, really -- your other half can undoubtedly fix you
> up)
> as thick as the slices you want. Cut once, move the spacer to the opther
> side of
> the bagel, and cut again. Voila -- three equal slices.
>
> -- Larry

Thanks, Larry. I'm going to buy a bagel slicer (and get DH to 'fix me up'
with a spacer - whatever that might turn out to be), and see if this will
work for me. Nothing to lose, as I've been using a knife to cut them
anyway.

#310014800826 -- that's something -- I thought I'd checked out online all
the bagel slicers.

Wayne, I'm a little leary of using (or asking DH to use) that Cuisinart
cadillac of an electric knife I bought for anything that isn't as big as a
'bread basket.' Thanks for answering, tho.

Dee Dee