Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown jmcquown is offline

Default Attitudes toward dietary adversity

Giusi wrote:

> it ain't my problem. My possibly future SIL has been told he can't
> eat at my house (not by me) because I do not allow retching at the
> table because it isn't Taco Bell.

LOL I recall going to lunch at a Mexican restaurant with a co-worker (yeah,
get ready for the blast Jill posts because she didn't like her co-workers!)
She ordered tacos - I guess they sounded "safe" or something. When they
were served they contained shredded beef rather than the ground up mystery
meat they have at Taco Bell so she refused to even taste them. Okay, we
knew she was picky but *that* picky?! So we said hey, tell them you made a
mistake, you really wanted the cheese quesadillas instead; you like those,
right? She said yes she likes those but she didn't want to offend the
waiter. Huh? The waiter isn't going to bite your hand off if you ask for
something else. Long story short: we ate, she didn't.

Jill