Posted to rec.food.cooking
Giusi[_2_] Giusi[_2_] is offline

Default Attitudes toward dietary adversity

"Christine Dabney" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Hello folks,
>
> I have been reading the posts of several among us that have dietary
> problems... And many seem to be so limited by what they can eat, and
> even what they will eat. That includes the picky eaters among all of
> us...
> So what is your viewpoint in the face of culinary/dietary adversity?
> Do you just bemoan it and say I can't have this or I can't have that?
> Or do you take up the challenge and say I can't have this and that,
> but I can have this and I will make what I can have and love, into
> something good I love to eat?
>
> Interested in your opinions, attitudes, etc..
>
> Christine

I will cook almost anything, but forgive myself for the things I don't want
to eat. I don't mind people not eating something I have made. One of my
closest friends is a Bhuddist and I happily alter menus to be sure he eats
well.

What I don't deal with is neuoses like food not touching etc. It just can't
be my problem. I make it, arrange it, garnish it and if someone blanches
because there was a cucumber rose touching his fish, it ain't my problem.
My possibly future SIL has been told he can't eat at my house (not by me)
because I do not allow retching at the table because it isn't Taco Bell.

--
http://www.judithgreenwood.com