Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee
Gareth[_3_] Gareth[_3_] is offline

Default Nespresso - the ultimate coffee?

Wow, I just bought a Nespresso Magimix machine off eBay - no pods included
:-(

The pods took a while to arrive from the "Nespresso Club" - about 5 days
following the order. They're also pretty expensive at 23 or 24 pence a cup
(about 50 cents) plus a hefty delivery charge.

But, wow, I have never tasted coffee like this befo it is far superior to
even the best tasting café blends in terms of crema, quality of taste and
freshness. The irony for me is that I only drink decaf - I can't tell the
difference in terms of taste with Nespresso though and I've even managed to
fool (knowledgeable) visitors in to believing that they were having a full
caffeine hit (by just giving them the drink and not saying a word).

I don't understand why Nestlé is competing with itself by introducing the
Dolce Gusto brand. Nespresso is simply bloody incredible - the most
impressive thing gadget wise and taste wise I have encountered since...
ever. And I'm not even a coffee drinker.

I can't recommend Nespresso enough. Sure you can't be too creative with
blend design but with a quality like this do you really need to be creative?
Bloody impressive.

Gareth.