Posted to rec.food.cooking
Silvar Beitel Silvar Beitel is offline

Default Raw Peanuts

When I was at the grocery store the other day, I grabbed a one-pound
bag
of in-the-shell peanuts on a whim. Last night, I settled down to
watch
something on TV, opened the bag to snack and ...

bleah.

Looking more closely at the bag, they were *raw* peanuts. They were
soft and not very flavorful, tasting a bit like raw dried peas (no
surprise
there, eh?)

Anyway, today I roasted them (15 minutes in a 365 degree oven was
about
right - 10 minutes was still too raw, 20 was towards burnt) and they
tasted
fine, albeit, of course, salt-less.

My question is: What can one do with raw peanuts other than turning
them
into cooked peanuts?

--
Silvar Beitel