Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee.Dee Dee.Dee is offline

Default 'Soup Kitchen' ideas

<sf> wrote in message ...
> On Sat, 5 Jan 2008 16:17:13 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
>>Any other ideas? They will be most welcome! I plan to have fun and do a
>>little good in the world at the same time, while not going broke. I'd
>>also
>>like to try to add things with as much nutrition as possible and in
>>winter,
>>warming things like soups and stews.

For cooking for a group, not particularly a 'soup kitchen,' this book has
loads of nice recipes.
I'm sending this in case there is anyone interested in cooking for a crowd
who has been reading this thread:

http://www.amazon.com/Moosewood-Rest...575891&sr=1-13

Moosewood Restaurant Cooks for a Crowd: Recipes With a Vegetarian Emphasis
for 24 or More (Hardcover)
$15.99 free shipping

I've checked out this book at the library. It has lots of good ideas and I
considered buying it, but I have too many Moosewood 'un-used' cookbooks.

Dee Dee