Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default Whole Foods Worker Sacked For Stopping Shoplifter...

Gregory Morrow wrote:
> [the most "interesting" part of this particular drama is that the dude
> stashed away almost ___$350.00___ worth of vittles in a shopping
> bag...but it IS Whole Paycheck, after all...]
>

> http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/...for_stopp.html
>
> Grocery worker fired for stopping shoplifter
>
> by Dave Gershman | The Ann Arbor News
> Thursday December 27, 2007, 8:15 AM

......snip

> Schultz said he was called to the store's office the next day, on
> Christmas Eve, and was fired because he violated a company policy
> prohibiting employees from having any physical contact with a
> customer.
>
> Kate Klotz, a company spokesperson, said the policy is clear and
> listed in a booklet that all employees have to acknowledge that they
> received before they can start work.
>
> "The fact that he touched him, period, is means for termination," said
> Klotz.

Since when is a thief considered a 'customer'? Schultz was affecting the
apprehension of a criminal, he wasn't manhandling grandma selecting the best
bunch of bannanas in the fruit aisle. I wonder what kind of settlement
Schultze's attorneys will go for. I'm sure happy that we ain't got an
AssWhole Foods around here.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com