Posted to rec.food.cooking
Julia Altshuler Julia Altshuler is offline

Default Ideas For Dressing Up Frozen Peas?

>>>My family likes peas, frozen rather than canned, but have become
>>>pretty bored with just "nuking" them and adding butter, salt &
>>>pepper. Does anyone have any simple ideas for dressing them up a
>>>bit?

I googled on "Indian recipe peas" and liked the looks of these possibilites:

http://www.syvum.com/cgi/online/serv...s/srcpa3.tdf?0
http://www.syvum.com/cgi/online/serv.../srcpv15.tdf?0
http://www.ivu.org/recipes/indian-ve...n-curried.html

Peas are my least favorite of the legumes. I prefer fresh green beans,
black beans, chick peas, just about any bean over peas. For that
reason, I like them dressed up quite a bit, and the heavy spices found
in Indian cooking do that for me.

--Lia