Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bobo Bonobo® Bobo Bonobo® is offline

Default Slow roasting a rib of beef (well done)

On Dec 23, 4:54*am, pulck > wrote:
> I'd like to try slow roasting a rib of beef for Christmas day, but the
> in-laws will not eat anything bloody. Is there a sure-fire way of
> getting this right? And is this the best way to do a roast beef if it
> needs to be well done.
>
> (BTW I'm in the UK, so centigrade temperatures would be preferable to
> fahrenheit.)
>
> Thanks.

Maybe cut off a section off of each end partway through roasting, and
put those pieces in a separate baking dish, and continue to bake.
That way, civilized folks won't have to suffer because of the lowest
common denominator. I realize that it's probably too late to change
your plans, but knowing your in-laws' horrible attitude toward beef,
why aren't you cooking a turkey, or other fowl instead?

--Bryan