Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick[_3_] Brick[_3_] is offline

Default Help with a Pork Butt

On 21-Dec-2007, Denny Wheeler > wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 21:29:24 -0600, Janet Wilder
> > wrote:
>
> >Nick Cramer wrote:

<snip>

> Good luck with the NBBD--

I somehow missed the post where Janet identified the smoker
as a New Braunfels Black Diamond.

> I gather that offsets are a bit more
> challenging than bullets,

To say that the Black Diamond is a little more challenging then a
bullet smoker is like saying that running the Daytona 500 is a little
bit more challenging then driving to work in the morning.

> but you do have the balancing of pork butt
> being probably the easiest bbq cut to get right, and hardest to ruin.
> (though I managed it once--but far from my first time)

True about the forgiveness of the pork butt, but I wouldn't even
think about cooking a pork butt all by itself in a NBBD. I don't
mean that you can't do it because you certainly can. But, the
NBBD has something over 700 Sq in of cooking area. You can
easily cook for a whole firehouse in one load with an NBBD.

> --
> -denny-

I think the OP actually referred to the smoker as a New
Braunfels type without a specific reference to which model.
But the fact remains, a single butt in any similar sized offset
smoker is wasteful.
--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)