Old 16-12-2007, 12:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default joy of cooking 1962

In article ,
Sqwertz wrote:

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 03:47:29 GMT, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

Oh pshaw, on Sat 15 Dec 2007 08:45:14p, honeybunch meant to say...

The recipe in my 1962 edition of The Joy of Cooking for gingerbread
men on page 677 is worn out. I cant read the number of cups of flour
needed. I would be grateful it anyone has this old copy and would
tell me about the flour. This is a great recipe. It has no eggs and
the gingerbread just gets better and better as it ages. Thanks very
much.

Sorry, thought I had it, but mine is 1964.

Same at the 62 edition, just has some corrections.
http://www.cookbkjj.com/college/joy.htm

Correction to my last post. Mine is the '51-'53 edition. But I
would suspect it's the same.

-swsw

Are you playing "My JOC is older than your JOC?" ;-)
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to