Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Pulliam Burd[_3_] Terry Pulliam Burd[_3_] is offline

Default Electric Knife sharpener recommendations

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 05:14:35 GMT, Sqwertz >
fired up random neurons and synapses to opine:

>A good knife should last for a couple years without a need to use
>a whetstone for sharpening if you use a steel regularly.

Whetstoning is the DH's job - he was a Marine and looks at whetstoning
our knives as he does spit polishing his dress shoes: no one does it
better than he [thinks] he does :-)

>Also note that steels do wear out. I buy a new one every 2 years
>or so.

Amen. I am so anal (litigation paralegal, so I'm trained to be
obsessive) that I have my Outlook calendar programmed to alert me when
I need to replace my steel.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

-- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"