Posted to rec.food.cooking,aus.food
Phred Phred is offline

Default Freezing and storing cooked turkey?

G'day mates,

I didn't really want or need a turkey for Xmas, but you know how
bloody Murphy works -- I won one at the pub tonight! (I wanted the
ham! :-)

Okay, so let's assume I can work out a way to cook the damn thing
acceptably -- then what do I do with the leftovers?

I presume it *is* possible to freeze and store cooked turkey for a
reasonable length of time, but what would you recommend as the best
way to do it?

I tried a google approach, but was left a little confused: One site
told me that cooked turkey slices would store frozen for a month and
the gravy or broth for 2 to 3 months. But it also said the cooked
slices stored in gravy or broth would store frozen for 6 months!

Clearly not a simple linear relationship!

So, waddaya reckon mates? How do you do it for best results?
TIA.

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID