Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pennyaline Pennyaline is offline

Default Stollen

Little Malice wrote:
> One time on Usenet, "Virginia Tadrzynski" > said:
>
>> I have been requested to duplicate a recipe for Christmas Eve. It is
>> stollen using Pillsbury Crescent rolls and if I remember correctly it has a
>> cream cheese filling. I searched Pillsbury's website and came up dry. Any
>> ideas? The lady who originally made it has passed away and the daughter
>> boils water nicely, so forget asking her for her mom's recipe.

> Looks like you got an answer from a couple of folks, so I'll ask
> this -- have you tried it yourself and is it any good? I like
> Crescent rolls, but have never tried them in a sweet recipe.
>
> I had a friend in high school who's mom made homemade stollen
> stuffed with fruit and cream cheese. She made a couple of them
> for a slumber party at their house. Lovely lady, great cook...

I have never ever made stollen with cream cheese filling. My stollen
recipes have no filling at all, only the dried fruits dispersed
throughout and powdered sugar sprinkled *liberally* on top. I'd use
traditional sweet yeast dough recipes before even considering one made
with prepackaged crescent rolls, but who knows. I could be missing
something!