Posted to rec.food.cooking
jay[_221_] jay[_221_] is offline

Default Electric Knife sharpener recommendations

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 13:14:10 +0000 (UTC), David Scheidt wrote:

> Sqwertz > wrote:
> :On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 03:33:40 +0000 (UTC), David Scheidt wrote:
>
>:> A three buck whetstone will do as good as job as your expensive
>:> electric grinder.
>
>:Somebody was bound to say it. Somebody always does.
>
> Well, it's going to continue to be true. It does require some skill,
> so I can see why you'd object to the method, though.

I don't like grinder sharpeners. I have a couple of various grit Kasumi
stones ( #3000,#8000, #1000,#240 ) that are made in Seki-Japan. They
remove very little metal and you can get a blade razor sharp with 'em.
They cost as much or more than a electric grinder style sharpener. Most
here don't have time for this..cause they are here. lol

http://www.amazon.com/Kasumi-Combina.../dp/B00063Q98I

jay