Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
[email protected] andrei.avk@gmail.com is offline

Default Water - I've seen the light!

On Dec 8, 10:22 pm, "Bluesea" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> > I forgot to add a few things.. Plastic matters for the bottled spring
> > water.

> As far as I'm concerned, plastic matters for any water.

I don't doubt that, I don't actually use plastic anywhere near my
water or tea except for getting spring water in plastic bottles.

> > Clear plastic is much better, the other kind will often give a
> > distinct plastic flavor to the water.

> See my other reply about the types of food-grade plastic. From what you
> describe, I'm going to guess that the clear plastic is PET/PETE or PP and
> the flavoring plastic is HDPE, possibly LDPE, but much less so than if it's

Well, the clear plastic is really the same as in 80% of all small
bottles of
water you can pick up in a corner store. There may be some variations
among
them but not too much.

> HDPE. If the clear plastic is hard, since you're able to stack them, I don't
> know what it is. It may be one of the plastics I already mentioned, just
> thicker for strength.

Well, it's really a matter of the shape of bottle. I don't think
there's any plastic
used for any type of water that would fold if it was in this shape:

http://www.packagingdigest.com/artic...images/6f5.jpg

This one's not Poland, although I've only seen this shape used for
Poland
around here.