Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
[email protected] andrei.avk@gmail.com is offline

Default Water - I've seen the light!

On Dec 8, 10:55 pm, TeaDave > wrote:
> On Dec 8, 1:24 pm, wrote:
>
> > On Dec 8, 2:09 pm, "Bluesea" > wrote:
> > I'd like to hear opinions on what spring water is best for teas.

> I spent a few months in Iowa, and had to find a different source of
> water than the poor (for tea) well water. After trying all the
> potential bottled waters at a variety of stores, the best to be found
> in that region is 'deep rock' water packaged near Denver. Perhaps my
> taste buds are too tainted, as I thought one of the most thoughtful
> gifts I have ever recieved (and best tea water I had while in Iowa)
> was a gallon of Colorado Springs tap water from a family member who
> was on their way through the state. I would strongly bet on Colorado,
> or another mountainous state's, water surpassing New York water for
> tea production, as even municipal water systems are filled by melted
> snow and spring water.

IIRC NYC water comes from a natural reservoir in mountaineous area
(there are mountains in NY too, although not of Everest stature).
I think the water is very good at the source, but it gets worse as
it travels in pipes. Also, isn't it true that all tap water, no matter
where
it is, will be chlorinated and fluorized? I have no idea, but they'd
probably do it even if it wasn't necessary, just in case.