Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
TeaDave TeaDave is offline

Default Water - I've seen the light!

On Dec 8, 1:24 pm, wrote:
> On Dec 8, 2:09 pm, "Bluesea" > wrote:

> I'd like to hear opinions on what spring water is best for teas.

I spent a few months in Iowa, and had to find a different source of
water than the poor (for tea) well water. After trying all the
potential bottled waters at a variety of stores, the best to be found
in that region is 'deep rock' water packaged near Denver. Perhaps my
taste buds are too tainted, as I thought one of the most thoughtful
gifts I have ever recieved (and best tea water I had while in Iowa)
was a gallon of Colorado Springs tap water from a family member who
was on their way through the state. I would strongly bet on Colorado,
or another mountainous state's, water surpassing New York water for
tea production, as even municipal water systems are filled by melted
snow and spring water.