Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lou Decruss[_2_] Lou Decruss[_2_] is offline

Default When Baking A Cake, How Can I Stop The Fruit (in a Christmas Cake) From Falling (Sinking) To

On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 15:17:03 -0800, Mark Thorson >
wrote:

>Lou Decruss wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 14:16:21 -0800, Mark Thorson >
>> wrote:

>> >The last thing I baked was a pumpkin cheesecake
>> >that overflowed the pan, 27 years ago. I may
>> >resume baking, if I ever get around to cleaning
>> >the oven.

>> Buy a new oven. It's easier. <g>

>When I move out of here, the new place will have
>a new (presumably, clean) oven. At least, that's
>the Plan.

We just got a new one. I wiped it down and ran it for a few hours.
It still left an off taste. I had to let it run for a few more hours
to get rid of whatever factory stuff was in it. It's all good now.

Lou