Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Chandon Classic Brut

Lawrence Leichtman wrote:

> I have found all but the upper end California Chandons to be lacking in
> taste. You have to go to Etoile to get much and that is as expensive as
> any of the smaller champagne houses in France.

I've had some good Chandons in the distant past, but I have to agree
that in the last decade I've been seriously underwhelmed by their
offerings. For a fruitier, more Californiaesque sparkler, Mumm Cuvée
Napa; for more refined offerings, I'll take Roederer Estate and Gruet.
Scharmsberg also makes some fine wines, but the prices don't have me
beating a path to their door.

Mark Lipton