Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Myra[_2_] Myra[_2_] is offline

Default Bread Recipe?

On Dec 5, 6:56 am, Rubaiyat of Omar Bradley >
wrote:
> On Dec 4, 8:39 am, Myra > wrote:
>
> > *Anything* works better than soy flour! I no longer use it - nasty,
> > nasty stuff.

> How about low carb flour, such ashttp://www.netrition.com/tova_carbalose_page.html
> ?

Well, for myself , I no longer use any grains. If you like it,
though, I wouldn't say to not use it.

I'm not crazy about the labeling, which gives the total package in
pounds, but servings in grams, which can confuse a lot of people. So,
let's see how it comes out.

Looking at the label, there are 19 grams of carbs per 100 grams, so
it's 19% carbs. A cup of flour is about 120 grams (see
www.gourmetsleuth.com/gram_calc.htm), so, at 19% carbs, a cup of
Carbalose has about 23 grams of carbs. If you're making a regular
loaf of bread in a machine, that's about 3 cups of flour for 12
servings, which comes out to 5.75 carbs per serving - not including
any other ingredients. It's certainly something a person could work
into a low carb program, as long as grains don't pose a problem.

Myra