Posted to rec.food.cooking
Virginia Tadrzynski Virginia Tadrzynski is offline

Default Catering question?

"Bushay" > wrote in message
. ..
>I was asked by a friend to help cook a roast beef dinner for a Shriners
>dinner. I need to order from a friend in the grocery store business enough
>beef from an eye of round to feed 80. Mostly older fellows. Can someone
>give me a rough idea as to how much roast beef I need to purchase to make
>80 some Shriners full by the end of the night?
>

> Thanks in advance.

Look up the Navy Quartermaster Corps website. Not only do they have
measurements for preparing meat, veg and the lot for large amounts of
people, but also have recipes as well. For senior citizens', I'd do
something in a marinade that breaks down the meat abit. Realize, they may
want to graze like piggies in a trough, but their dentures might remain
where they put their last bite, so make it tender.
-ginny