Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Catering question?

Janet Baraclough wrote:
> The message >
> from "Lewis" > contains these words:
>
>> Depends upon all the side dishes you are planning, but
>> in our catering business we figure 3/4 Lb. raw, untrimmed
>> meat per person.

> These are "older fellows". Older people often have quite small appetites.

Unless they are not paying for the food or they bought a ticket for the
dinner.

We've been traveling in "Senior Citizen" country for the past 12 years
and I can tell you that they have enormous appetites when they aren't
directly paying. The next time you go to an all you can eat buffet
restaurant, watch how the seniors pile it on even though they are
getting it at a reduced senior citizen price. <g>

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation