Jay P Francis

Default food in San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Guadalajara

You're going to really enjoy eating in Guanajuato. It is still a college town
and lunch is the comida corrida aimed at student budgets. We were there last
fall and the typical comida corrida was 25 pesos ($2.50) and that got you
bread, soup, entree, pasta, and dessert.

Don't miss the church, La Valenciana. If you pass through Santa Rosa en route
to Dolores Hidalgo, be sure to pick up a bottle of the local membrillo liqueur.

As you can tell, I prefer Guanajuato to San Miguel San Miguel leaves me cold
but Guanjuato has so much charm. Just hanging out at La Union plaza makes my
evening.