Old 29-11-2007, 03:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Virginia Tadrzynski Virginia Tadrzynski is offline

Default Look for 1980's Quaker Oats Cookie Recipe

"l, not -l" wrote in message

On 29-Nov-2007, papageno wrote:

If anyone know this recipe please reply to

Thank you!

Shaunna

From the back of a Quaker Oats cookie jar I bought in the late 70s or
early
80s
* Exported from MasterCook *

Famous Oatmeal Cookies

Recipe By ee Bell
Serving Size : 30 Preparation Time :0:20
Categories : Cookie Dessert

3/4 cup shortening -- soft
1 cup brown sugar -- firmly-packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 whole egg
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour -- sifted
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups oats -- uncooked

Beat shortening, sugars, egg, water and vanilla together until creamy.
Sift
together flour, salt and soda; add to creamed mixture; blend well. Stir
in
oats. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets. Bake in preheated
moderate oven (350F) 12 to 15 minutes.

"The classic oatmeal cookie from Quaker Oats box circa 1975-80"
Cuisine:
"American"
Yield:
"5 Dozen"
T(Baking Time):
"0:12"
Ratings : Complexity 1 Cost 2
Difficulty 1 Fat Content 4
Kid Appeal 10 Portability 10
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 155 Calories; 6g Fat (36.7%
calories
from fat); 3g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 7mg
Cholesterol;
97mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other
Carbohydrates.

NOTES : For variety, add chopped nutmeats, raisins, chocolate chips or
coconut.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
Change Cujo to Juno in email address.

like minds and all that hoohaw. The same recipe I just posted. My cookbook
is a compilation of all the 'back of the box' recipes.
-ginny