Peggy

Default Annual radish festival in Oaxaca

I think Europeans have been eating radishes for a long time...
"Raphanus sativus. Radish.
....Radish are eaten raw with bread in stead of other food... for the most
part, they are vsed in sauce with meates to procure appetite, and in that
sort they ingender blood lesse faulty, than eaten alone or with bread
onely..."

John Gerard's
Herball or General Historie of Plantes

1633