Vox Humana

Default Cheesecake cupcakes

"Lord Jubjub" > wrote in message
> I would like to make cheesecake in a cupcake/muffin pan.
>
> But it occurs to me that that the crumb crust that I usually make for my
> cheesecakes may not work in the cupcake shape.
>
> Can I simply bake the crumb crust and expect it to hold? Does anyone
> have a different crust recipe that will work?
> --
> Lord Jubjub, ruler of the slithy toves.
> If you want to contact me, remember I am a LORD.

Your crust will probably be fine. An alternative would be to put a cookie
in each cup. A vanilla wafer, ginger snap, or unfilled chocolate cookie
would work depending on the flavor of the cheesecake. Another alternative
would be a disk of sponge cake. You can make a thin sponge cake (like for a
jellyroll) and cut disks with a biscuit cutter for each cake. I often make
a sponge layer in the pan and then pour in the cheesecake batter over it.