Douglas S. Ladden

Default Tacos al Pastor

"The Ranger" > on 02 Feb 2004 suggested:

> Douglas S. Ladden > asked in message
> . 224.154...
>> I have been getting a serious craving for Tacos al Pastor, and it
>> looks like my trips to Mexico keep getting postponed, so I call
>> upon the wisdom of the NewsGroup. Can someone help me
>> make some decent Tacos al Pastor at home, without the Trompo
>> that they are normally made on?

> "Trompo?" I don't recognize that word.

The "trompo" is the vertical rotisserie that is mentioned in the
directions you provided below.

>> I know that we should start with very thinly sliced pork meat,
>> but from there, I don't really have a clue. Thanks for any tips,
>> ideas, etc. that you are willing to post!

> The Al Pastor (burrito and taco) from my favorite place is chopped
> pork not sliced, fried crunchy with red chili powders, and then
> served in a small corn tortilla with cilantro, and onions.

Okay, this is very different than what I consider a "Taco al
Pastor", but not unlike what they serve here in the bay area. Not
exactly what I am looking for. The next time I am in Mexico at my
favorite place for Tacos al Pastor, I am going to do everything I can to
get his recipe. They are the best I've ever had, to my taste, anyway.

> Here's one from:
> http://www.mexgrocer.com/531-tacos-al-pastor.html

This recipe seems the same as the one in the other post.

--Douglas