Jim Lane

Default tacos tapatios

In the eastern part of Ensenada there is a built up taco stand, Tacos
Ferrocarril, that serves lamb tacos. Really unique and the only place I
have encountered them. I did not check to see how they prepared the
lamb, but will do so if I can next time I am there.

One other thing I have seen Mexicans do, here and in Mexico, is make
tacos of potatoes or rice and beans (which they also add to the tacos
they make at the table.

Very interesting. And there's a new stand to discover when you turn the
corner.

jim

Wayne Lundberg wrote:
> Please read the following with a bit of sense of humor and please don't come

> Then
> there are tacos de barbacoa, (steamed lamb wrapped in cactus and flavored
> with aromatic leaves), cabeza (every part of a pig's head or cow's head from
> brains, to cheek (my favorite!) to tongue. Take it from there... the fellow
> you see out there in the field or up on a building laying bricks will have a
> kilo of tortillas in his bag in the morning along with a half kilo of
> refried or fresh beans and a half kilo of salsa with 50% of it being made of
> chile serrano or piquin, but rarely jalapeno which is too bland. They will
> mix these ingredients in taco after taco until day's end and when they go
> home, ask for another taco! They seem to live long, healthy, active life's
> and you never see a fat campesino or orbrero.

snip